The Sandee's food truck will set up shop permanently off of South 27th Street in the old Blondy's building.
Sandee's re-launched in spring 2016, serving burgers and fries out of two trucks that crisscrossed the city every day. The food trucks, started by Scot and Jennifer Ireton, were a rebirth of the Sandee's hamburger stand that started in Billings in 1958.
Blondy's closed down earlier this year and has sat vacant until now. The Iretons liked that the building, located at 1125 S. 27th St., was partway between the Heights and the West End. They've signed a a one-year lease, which will give them a chance to make a go in the new location with no long-term commitment.
The Blondy's building has no kitchen, so they'll use the truck to prepare all the food and then serve it there in the restaurant. He's hoping to add equipment in the next few months that will allow them to add items to the menu like shakes and malts.
The second Sandee's truck will continue to travel around town and cater special events.