Kids will have lots of fun this weekend as they search for Easter eggs and other goodies at hunts throughout Billings and in some nearby communities.
A number of area churches also will hold hunts for their congregations; those hunts, as well as sunrise and other Easter Saturday and Sunday worships and breakfasts, are listed in billingsgazette.com's digital calendar. Just follow the attached link to get details.
Here are some of the communitywide hunts planned:
* The Great Easter EGGstravaganza at the Billings Depot starts with a 10 a.m. Easter egg hunt on Saturday.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., events include a petting zoo, "create your own masterpiece" painting center, bouncy castle, face painting, guest appearances by the Easter Bunny, free photos and the Shriners train. Proceeds benefit the Historic Billings Depot and ZooMontana.
* Montana State University Billings will hold its 22nd annual Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Children 10 and younger may participate in the free search for Easter eggs, candy and prizes. Student leaders with Associated Students of MSU Billings -- the student government of the university -- are again organizing the event.
About 7,000 brightly colored and candy-filled eggs will be spread across the university lawn near McMullen Hall and on Peaks to Plains Park for the search. The Easter Bunny will attend, and free cookies and hot chocolate will be provided in the Student Union Building atrium. "Summer Snow," a shaved ice booth, will also be at the event selling warm and cold drinks. A portion of the gross sales will be returned to ASMSUB.
For information, call the ASMSUB office at 657-2365.
* Lewis and Clark Middle School's track will be the site of Emmanuel Baptist Church's annual hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday.
* Faith E. Church, 3145 Sweetwater Drive, will hold a Community Easter Egg Hunt, at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 7.
Kids will hunt for 24,000 eggs with 100 special golden eggs redeemable for prizes in the prize tent. Ages from toddlers to 10 years may participate in the hunt on the east end of the church grounds on the corner of 32nd Street West and Central Avenue.
* The Rock Church at 820 W. Ninth St. in Laurel will hold a free communitywide Easter egg hunt from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the church.
Age-appropriate egg hunt begins at 11:20 a.m. for the youngest. The event features thousands of eggs, free snow cones, cotton candy and popcorn. Bring family and friends for games, inflatable moon bounces and door prizes and meet the Easter Bunny.
For more information, call 628-6200 or go online to www.therockmt.com.
* The South Park Easter egg hunt for ages 0-14 begins at noon. A special needs area is available.
The hunt has been organized by the South Side Neighborhood Task Force. For information, call Mike at 254-2445.
* Billings Health and Rehabilitation Community, 2115 Central Ave., the hunt begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Call 656-6500 for information.
* Westpark Village at 2351 Solomon Ave. is holding an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. Saturday, and all are welcome. For information, call 652-4886 or go online to www.westparksenior.com.
* Custer Park in Hardin will be the site of an Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. Sunday. Arrive at 1 p.m. to take a photo with the Easter Bunny.
* Sacajawea Park in Livingston is the site for an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. Sunday. For information, call 406-222-2061.