RSSHealth And Fitness
When Nancy Darling’s mother died in 1994, Darling quit smoking. When her sister died in November 2012, Darling vowed to lose weight and get healthy.
Dear Dr. Baskett: I have been told that I have a fatty liver. What is that?
Now is the time to avoid the back-to-school rush. To avoid wasting your time and patience in a clinic waiting room, get your school-required v…
“What are you going to do after graduation, honey?”
The open enrollment period for the Health Insurance Marketplace has passed, but you may still be able to get health coverage if you qualify fo…
Nicholas Ramage and Braylon Brown cruise around the room playing with trucks, tractors and other toys. They play just like any other 2- and 3-…
The Friends of East Rosebud, which is working to protect East Rosebud Creek from development, is holding a series of runs along the scenic waterway.
Few things are more distressing than the sound of your baby crying. The volume can be louder than a vacuum cleaner and the urgency makes them …
Billings Clinic will host the Mayo Mobile Exhibit, an display commemorating Mayo Clinic’s medical history and leadership role in health care f…
Your questions on Medicare and Medicaid answered by the local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) an objective, not-for-profit co…
Patients rarely, if ever, see these physicians, yet they are responsible for diagnosing everything from a benign cyst to a brain tumor.
Even though it’s often one of the hottest, driest times of the year in Billings, the annual Big Sky State Games will kick off this year on a r…
Mountainview Medical Center in White Sulphur Springs has received a donation of $1,863,000 from the Jack and Louise Galt Charitable Remainder …
Since 1983, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has banned gay and bisexual men from donating blood. Men who have had sexual contact with me…
With the onset of another beautiful Montana summer, the first principle of Naturopathic Medicine, “The Healing Power of Nature,” becomes apparent.
Getting your child off to a healthy start begins during, or even before, pregnancy. If you stop smoking, avoid alcohol and drugs, eat a health…
LOS ANGELES — A new study suggests that under-exercising, rather than overeating, may be at the heart of America’s obesity epidemic.
For the second time in about three years, 6-year-old Addison Benson, of Laurel, will serve as ambassador of the Montana East-West Shrine Game,…
Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults older than 30, yet many people are unaware of its signs and symptoms. If the disease …
The American Red Cross of Montana has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Crow Nation.
From the Wire
- House authorizes GOP-led plan to sue Obama alleging he exceeded constitutional powers
- House approves VA health care overhaul
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov rollout
- VA wants to fire 2 accused of manipulating data
- Africa summit to proceed despite Ebola outbreak
- Weather kills 2,000 a year; cold is top culprit
- 5 food writers subpoenaed in 'pink slime' lawsuit
- NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
- US appeals court blocks Mississippi abortion law
- Missionary groups call for evacuation from Liberia
- Generation of tanners see spike in deadly melanoma
- Senate confirms McDonald as VA secretary
- Appeals court rejects tax challenge to Obamacare
- $1,000 Sovaldi now hepatitis treatment of choice
- Top doctor dies from Ebola after treating dozens
- Appeals court upholds labels on meat packages
- Despite good news, benefit programs face problems
- New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
- Doctor who contracted Ebola in grave condition
- Officials: Little risk of Ebola outbreak in US
- Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
- Medicare hospital fund to last 4 years longer
- 5 things to know about Ebola outbreak in W. Africa
- Fist bumps less germy than handshakes, study says
- Virus drugmaker fights pediatricians' new advice
A portion of the southwestern corner of Yellowstone National Park remains closed for the second and final year as recovery work continues on an illegal trail that caused resource damage.
WASHINGTON (AP) — House authorizes GOP-led plan to sue Obama alleging he exceeded constitutional powers.
Vegetable gardening is almost like parenting. We wait with eager anticipation for mid-May so we can safely plant our little transplants that are so delicate. We keep an eye on temperature and moisture levels and glare at any black clouds that…
The lingering scent of ethylene has we, the tomato whisperers, dreaming of visions of plump, vine-ripened, juicy tomatoes dancing in our heads.
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis is taking action in a divisive diocese in Paraguay where an Argentine priest, accused by a former superior of being a "serious threat to young people," has been removed as the No. 2.
Maynard, Mulligan and Matilda are three brown-and-white finches available at Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter. These itty-bitty birdies make good company. Five other finches are also available.
JACKSON, Miss. — Within a few steps of the Mississippi Children’s Museum, there are squeals of laughter and excitement.