Mayor Tom Hanel has 39 open board and commission positions to fill.
According to a news release from the city, the deadline to apply is Nov. 24. Applications may be completed on the city’s website, http://ci.billings.mt.us, or in person at City Hall, 210 N. 27th St.
Board and commission members are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the city council. With few exceptions, city boards and commissions are advisory only. Members serve without compensation, must be at least 18 years old and reside within city limits. Terms of office are generally four years.
Here are the current openings:
- Animal Control board, three vacancies
- Billings Business Improvement district, two vacancies, must own land in the business improvement district
- Board of Adjustment, seven vacancies
- Board of Appeals, three vacancies, one each for an architect, electrical contractor and plumber
- Board of Health, one vacancy
- Community Development, one vacancy
- Exchange City Golf Cooperation, one vacancy
- Housing Authority, one vacancy
- Human Relations, two vacancies
- Library Board, four vacancies
- Parks, Recreation and Cemetery, three vacancies
- Billings Parking, four vacancies
- Planning Board, one vacancy, must live in Ward 2
- Police, one vacancy
- Public Works, two vacancies
- Traffic Control, two vacancies
- Yellowstone Historic Preservation, one vacancy.
Information about each board or commission can be found on the city's website, http://ci.billings.mt.us.