Mayor Bill Cole is now accepting letters of interest to fill nine vacancies on Billings boards and commissions.
According to a city news release, applicants must live inside city limits. Some boards and commissions have special requirements of their member.
Billings boards and commissions are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the city council. They are advisory only and have no administrative authority, unless specifically required by federal or state law or by interlocal agreement.
Members serve without compensation and must be at least 18 years of age. Terms of office are generally four years.
The application deadline is March 9. To apply, download an application from the city’s website, www.ci.billings.mt.us. Or pick up an application form at City Hall, 210 N. 27th St.
Here are the current openings:
- Board of Appeals, one vacancy, must be an electrical contractor.
- Board of Appeals, one vacancy, must be a plumber.
- Housing Authority, two vacancies.
- Human Relations, three vacancies.
- Planning Board, one opening, must live in Ward 5.
- Tourism Business Improvement Board, one opening, must work in the hotel industry.