Billings School District 2 says some school buses will operate on alternate routes through Friday afternoon to severe driving conditions.
Students living in the Yellowstone Country Club and Augusta Ranch neighborhoods, including Sam Snead Trail, previously used one of two bus stops. Now the routes will stop at 54th Street West and Bobby Jones Boulevard at the Yellowstone Family Park.
Other stops remain unchanged.
The following routes will be subject to the alternate schedule of stops, although the district noted that others may be affected as well:
- All bus stops in Rehberg Ranch will be moved to the intersection of Rifle Creek and Iron Horse trails.
- Hidden Lake Subdivision, including Lorraine Street and its side streets, will stop at the intersection of U.S. Highway 87 North at Lorraine Street.
- All bus stops south of Old Hardin Road between Becraft Lane and Noblewood Drive in Lockwood will stop at the intersection of Becraft Lane and Enfield Drive.
- Interlachen Drive in the Heights will be moved to the intersection of Lakewood Lane at Interlachen Drive.
- All stops along streets that travel north from Rimrock Road will drop students off along the nearest intersection with Rimrock Road.
If alternate routes are used for morning pick-ups, drivers will also try to drive their normal routes if they notice that some students are missing, said Philip Steadman, location manager for First Students Inc., the district's contractor for school bus services.
For more information, visit Billings Public Schools' website.