Firefighters extinguished a house fire on Broadwater Avenue early Saturday.
Four Billings fire trucks and a ladder truck responded to the blaze at 1813 Broadwater Ave. shortly after 3 a.m. Firefighters battled the blaze in the one-story structure from inside the house and from the roof.
Broadwater Avenue was closed to traffic as a fire hose was hooked up to a fire hydrant across the street at the corner of 18th Street West and Broadwater.
Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum said the single-family home received moderate fire damage to the attic and roof above the kitchen. Firefighters escorted one occupant to safety, Tatum said in a news release. No injuries were reported.
A malfunction in the home's electrical system in the attic above the kitchen caused the fire, Tatum said.