Fire in South Side duplex caused by wiring malfunction

2014-03-22T08:38:00Z 2014-03-22T20:41:11Z Fire in South Side duplex caused by wiring malfunctionGazette Staff The Billings Gazette
March 22, 2014 8:38 am  • 

A fire that caused $75,000 in damage to a duplex at 214 S. 29th St. on Friday afternoon was caused by malfunctioning electrical wiring in the kitchen and has been ruled accidental, according to a press release from the Billings Fire Department.

No one was in the residence at the time, said Battalion Chief Ed Regele. The fire was called in by a passer-by at about 1:25 p.m. The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen, with smoke damage to the bedroom and living room, according to the press release from Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender.

The fire was in one unit of a duplex. The second residence had light smoke damage, Regele said. The property was not insured.

Copyright 2015 The Billings Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

More from the Gazette

Man shot outside Billings Clinic dies; six officers on leave

Man shot outside Billings Clinic dies; six officers on leave

19 hours ago Photos

Photos

Loading…
Lame Deer man admits child sex abuse

Lame Deer man admits child sex abuse

23 hours agoLoading…

Mild weather coming to an end; wintry weather ahead

January 30, 2015 6:37 amLoading…
Ethics Board votes to postpone hearings on 3 city officials

Ethics Board votes to postpone hearings on 3 city officials

January 29, 2015 7:45 pm Photos

Photos

Loading…

Hoiness Family Foundation donates $10,000 to YBGR

January 29, 2015 6:00 pmLoading…

Follow The Billings Gazette

Popular Stories

Get weekly ads via e-mail

Deals & Offers

Featured Businesses