Firefighters extinguish blaze at home on South 29th

2014-03-21T14:01:00Z 2014-03-22T00:31:09Z Firefighters extinguish blaze at home on South 29thGazette Staff The Billings Gazette
March 21, 2014 2:01 pm  • 

Billings firefighters extinguished a fire in a residence at 214 S. 29th St. Friday afternoon.

No one was in the residence at the time, said Battalion Chief Ed Regele. The fire was called in by a passer-by, he said. The call came in at about 1:25 p.m.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and by 2 p.m. were mopping up and ventilating the residence. The fire was in one unit of a duplex. The second residence had light smoke damage, Regele said.

The cause was not immediately available, but Regele said a fire marshal would be investigating. Four engines, a ladder truck, along with the battalion chief responded.

Copyright 2014 The Billings Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Billings Gazette

Popular Stories

Get weekly ads via e-mail

Featured Businesses