A memorial Mass for U.S. Army 1st Lt. Paul G. Magers will be celebrated Friday at 10:30 a.m. in Holy Rosary Church. Burial will follow with full military honors at Yellowstone County Veterans Cemetery at Laurel.
His mother has asked that the coming days be a time of celebration, not of black-veiled mourning.
Funeral procession directions for U.S. Army 1st Lt. Paul G. Magers
The procession begins at Holy Rosary Church, 501 Custer Ave., after the memorial Mass, which begins at 10:30 a.m. The procession will travel:
- South on Fifth Street West to Montana Avenue.
- Right on Montana Avenue.
- Continue southwest to Laurel on I-90 West.
- Exit I-90 West at U.S. Highway 212/310 at Laurel.
- Right on First Avenue.
- Continue north through Laurel.
- The Yellowstone County Veterans Cemetery is on the east side of the roadway.
Magers, who lettered in track and wrestling at Billings Central Catholic High School, was killed in action in 1971 in Quang Tri Province, South Vietnam, while flying an AH-1 Cobra.
Magers remains were positively identified in 2010