Heights house sustains major damage in early Saturday fire

2014-07-05T09:08:00Z 2014-07-07T07:09:05Z Heights house sustains major damage in early Saturday fireGazette Staff The Billings Gazette
July 05, 2014 9:08 am  • 

A house fire early Saturday in the Billings Heights caused extensive damage.

Billings firefighters responded just after midnight to the blaze at 535 Poppy Place, according to a news release from Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum.

The house was occupied at the time, but there were no injuries.

The fire was caused by a malfunction in a bathroom exhaust fan, Tatum said. The blaze damaged the attic space above a bathroom and kitchen, burned through the roof and caused smoke damage throughout the home.

Firefighters were called back to the house later Saturday morning, when additional smoke was spotted coming from the structure.

The cost of the estimated property and content losses totaled $250,000. The house is insured.

Copyright 2014 The Billings Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Billings Gazette

Popular Stories

Get weekly ads via e-mail

Deals & Offers

Featured Businesses