Regarding the superintendent contract to be voted on at special board meeting Sept. 13 at 5:30 p.m. at Lincoln Center Board Room:
I feel that before I can agree to extend Dr. Keith Beeman's contract, he needs to do the following items:
1) Build a positive relationship with all board members.
2) Provide all information that is requested by board members and the public alike.
3) Negotiate successfully with the unions for the next contract.
4) Communicate with the board, public, staff openly to foster open, constructive dialog with all.
5) Plus a 360 review, which was suggested by Doug Eadie.
I feel to this point: The superintendent has been a decent manager of individual items within the school budget but not all. He still hasn't shown the leadership needed to bring all parties together for the greater good of the district and especially the kids.
I further feel that the board and SD2 should be talking about ways to keep children and young adults in school, continue to expand the Career Center to more students, and finding ways to make SD2 the best school district in the state.
The above text is my opinion alone and not the opinion of the whole board.
Lindy S. Graves