After reading "Leadership restructure" (Sept. 6) I'm compelled to write. In the article, School Board Chair Bryan stated, "The communication issues are Pam's (Trustee Ellis) entirely." In fact, other School Board members, community members and even the Gazette have called for more transparency and better communication.
Specific complaints have included:
1. Administrative costs appear higher — Beeman should present comparison of his Lincoln Center administrator costs and how they are funded vs Ellis', as requested by trustees.
2. Poor relationship with school staff. Morale in the schools is at an all-time low.
3. Davis Demographic Study — Initial $40,000 report received and rejected by Beeman and Bryan without knowledge of all board members. SD2 is aware that some of our schools are overcrowded simply because populations are bused in from other parts of town.
4. Beeman and Bryan are currently pushing for approval of approximately a million dollars for a strategic facilities plan by an outside consultant.
5. In an email dated March 23, Chair Bryan states, "Anyone moved out of an assistant principal position to the central office will be replaced at their current school. No school will lose an assistant principal position." This was not done.
Trustee Pam Ellis and some other board members, The Gazette, and community members are doing a great service insisting the citizens of Billings be provided timely and accurate information as our community works together to do what is best for our kids.