A Wolf Point woman who suffered burns on 80 percent of her body after a propane explosion on Oct. 25 has died.
A spokeswoman for the Salt Lake City Burn Center confirmed Tuesday that Amber Buckles died this week after being flown to the hospital.
Buckles, who was in her mid-30s, and Joey Muniz, also of Wolf Point, were injured while camping along the Missouri River south of Wolf Point.
Ken Trottier, supervising criminal investigator for the Fort Peck Tribe's Department of Law and Justice, said the explosion happened when the two were using a propane cooking stove as a heater in a tent and the propane bottle malfunctioned.
The two managed to walk to a nearby residence and call 911 before they were taken to a Wolf Point hospital.
Buckels was then flown to Salt Lake and Muniz was treated and released from the Wolf Point hospital.