Powell volunteer firefighter injured by fireworks during show

2010-07-08T06:30:00Z 2010-07-08T09:10:09Z Powell volunteer firefighter injured by fireworks during showThe Associated Press The Associated Press
July 08, 2010 6:30 am  • 

Powell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joey Darrah would not release the name of the injured firefighter.

But he tells the Powell Tribune that the firefighter is OK after being treated and released Sunday night from Powell Hospital.

The injured firefighter told the Big Horn Radio Network that the cause was an unexploded 6-inch shell that became trapped under a live shell.


MORNING REPORT:

A Powell, Wyo., volunteer firefighter suffered minor injuries while lighting rockets during the department's annual Fourth of July fireworks show.

Powell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joey Darrah would not release the name of the injured firefighter.

But he says the firefighter is OK after being treated and released Sunday night from Powell Hospital.

Darrah speculated that a 12-inch shell exploded in a length of PVC pipe the firefighters use as tubes to launch rockets.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow The Billings Gazette

Popular Stories

Deals & Offers

Featured Businesses