The Damage Prevention Coordinator will provide effective leadership and coordination of NorthWestern Energy's damage prevention efforts. These efforts are designed to manage third party damage to the electric and gas infrastructure, including investigation, reporting, educating and interfacing with third parties working in proximity to our facilities.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
· Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
· Coordinate Damage Prevention (DP) efforts within NorthWestern Energy
· Coordinate with Transmission and Distribution organization on DP Efforts
· Support and participate in company DP efforts with Industry and Public groups
· Develop industry standard metrics for NorthWestern Energy
· Have familiarity with GTS and GDS pipeline facilities
· Have familiarity with 811 process and locating
· Participate in the development of strategic external staffing
· Participate in short and long range planning for implementation of DP plan
· Coordinate DP efforts with requirements of GTS IMP and GDS DIMP Damage Prevention
· Coordinate DP efforts with required FERC and NESC requirements
· Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
· Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical degree is preferred
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192 and the NESC
· Must have experience in electric/gas utility operations
· Must have strong oral communication and presentation skills
· Possess the ability to interact and build relationships with internal/external customers
· Extensive travel (up to 50%) and extended hours will be required
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Department Job # 1694
3010 West 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD57108
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.