2016 update: A food truck opened under the Sandee's name in May 2016
Built in 1958 near Senior High, Sandee's began as a franchise of the Sandy's drive-in chain, based in Illinois. When the Sandy's chain was bought out by Hardee's in the 1970s, some locations remained in business by changing their names slightly. The Great Falls location, Zandy's, remained open until 2009. The former location of Sandee's at 511 Grand Ave. was converted into office space for Bauer Group Architects following the restaurant's closure in 1997.