- 1 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 2 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 3 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 4 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 5 Father: 'Nothing could prepare you to lose part of your soul'
With the largest drought in a half century chewing up farm acres, the call for federal assistance is growing.
American farm subsidies are promoting bad business practices and costing taxpayers plenty, economists calling for budget reform said earlier this week.
FORSYTH — Farmers should start thinking about what subsidies they can live without, Sen. Max Baucus said, warning of cuts in the next farm bill.