- 1 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 2 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 3 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 4 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 5 Father: 'Nothing could prepare you to lose part of your soul'
American Legislative Exchange Council
Low-wage workers across Montana and the U.S. have spent the summer months fighting hard for an honest wage. Many working in the retail sector and warehouses have walked off the job to raise awareness about their plight at a time when corporations are raking in record profits.
This session in Helena we’ve heard a lot of bills that bear a striking similarity to model bills from the legislative agenda of the corporate bill-mill ALEC. Whether a bill is an ALEC model bill, whether its subject is just high on the ALEC agenda, or whether it was written by a former ALEC …
CASPER, Wyo. — Late last month, 17 newly elected Wyoming legislators attended a three-day meeting at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington, D.C. The event was sponsored by the American Legislative Exchange Council, or ALEC.
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming again ranks fourth among states for best economic growth and outlook, largely because of the state’s low total tax burden, according to a nonprofit group’s report.
CODY, Wyo. — Though members of Wyoming's citizen Legislature pride themselves on being closely connected to their constituents, voters might be surprised to learn that some laws proposed and passed in Cheyenne are first shaped by state lawmakers and major corporations during privately funded…