- 1 More than 800 roadkill salvage permits issued in first year
- 2 Woman ‘sick of getting beat up’ gets ‘pimp’ arrested
- 3 Gay couples get marriage licenses: "We couldn't sleep last night, we were so excited"
- 4 Wednesday stabbing leaves victim in critical condition
- 5 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
HELENA — A judge says a secretive group known for bucking campaign finance laws has to pay the state's attorney fees in one ongoing case.
HELENA — After four years spent dumping candidate attack ads on Montana elections and leading high-profile challenges to state campaign laws, a secretive conservative organization looks as if it may simply vanish.
HELENA — The director of the besieged “dark money” political group that mounted a full-scale assault on Montana’s campaign-finance laws resigned Thursday – and state lawyers are asking a judge to rule that the group violated some of the laws it challenged.