- 1 Rob O'Neill may have killed bin Laden, but didn't take out gangster intruders
- 2 Ekalaka: A home where dinosaurs roamed, and the coffee game they do play
- 3 Prosecutors: Man who raped 23-month-old also molested 6-year-old
- 4 Delta flight bound for Paris makes emergency stop in Billings
- 5 Kaarma guilty of German student's homicide; parents will address court Thursday
KALISPELL - Flathead Electric Cooperative plans to buy electricity from a biomass facility at a lumber company's plant in Columbia Falls as part of its effort to use local sources of renewable energy.
MISSOULA - The Missoula City-County Health Department has granted the University of Montana an air quality permit to build a $16 million biomass gasification boiler on campus.
MISSOULA - A citizen's air quality advisory council is opposed to a planned University of Montana biomass gasification plant.
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming Sen. John Barrasso and West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin have introduced legislation to promote the development and use of alternative energy.
HELENA — Montana legislators last week heard from an unlikely duo about how the United States must pursue renewable power and move away from fossil fuels: A retired U.S. Navy vice-admiral and a Marine Corps colonel.
HELENA - Legislative Republicans are sponsoring several bills that critics say will undermine renewable-power and conservation incentives. Here's a summary and status of some of those bills:
MISSOULA - The University of Montana wants to produce its own energy in the future by building a $16 million wood-fired biomass boiler to complement its existing heating plant.
OLYMPIA, Wash. - Public utility consortium Energy Northwest and private energy company Adage have signed a preliminary agreement to develop biomass power plants in four states, including Montana.