- 1 Student fighting Skyview yoga pants policy
- 2 10-year-old in critical condition after a car fell on him
- 3 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 4 State game warden detained for 5 ½ hours by tribal officials outside Hays
- 5 Crow post office busy as Cobell settlement checks arrive
Check Cashing Scheme
A Georgia man charged in connection to an elaborate check-cashing scheme perpetrated on Billings banks and businesses last fall appeared in court Thursday and entered guilty pleas to five counts of forgery.
A Georgia man charged Jan. 9 in connection with an elaborate check-cashing scheme in Billings admitted on Thursday to his involvement in the case.
Five men — four Georgia “gangsters” and a transient from Lame Deer — appeared Thursday in Yellowstone County Justice Court on charges that they cashed about $25,000 in forged payroll checks at area banks.