- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Mother of teen charged with rape facing child sex abuse charges
- 3 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 4 Cody police chief meets with Hells Angels
- 5 Billings attorney to be suspended for unethical adoption case, withholding records
Christopher Williams waits outside the federal courthouse in Helena during a break in his September 2012 trial.
HELENA — In a highly unusual move, federal prosecutors have agreed to drop six of eight marijuana convictions for Christopher Williams in exchange for his agreeing to waive his right to appeal.
Chris Lindsey, a former partner in the Helena-based medical marijuana business Montana Cannabis, won’t spend any time in prison if a federal court judge follows a recommendation by federal prosecutors.
A federal court jury has stripped Montana Cannabis of its assets, which involves $1.7 million in three frozen bank accounts.
HELENA — Medical marijuana providers are preparing for possible charges a day after federal and local authorities raided their pot operations across Montana.