- 1 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
- 2 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 3 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
Citizens Technical Environmental Committee
BUTTE — An unprecedented health study shows Butte’s Superfund cleanup efforts are proving successful and children are being exposed to lower levels of dangerous lead.
BUTTE — Deer leap through fields and fish swim the stream where a wood-treating plant once leached vast amounts of cancer-causing chemicals into Silver Bow Creek.
Butte residents want health professionals to look at the effects of dust from the Montana Resources open pit mine, heavy metals and other factors that could cause health problems.