- 1 NBC's Dateline to feature Billings teen who survived plane crash
- 2 Roosevelt County sheriff found sleeping on sidewalk, suspected to be intoxicated
- 3 Yellowstone concession worker found dead
- 4 UM student goes missing on way to Missoula
- 5 Casper threatened with whitewater lawsuit after boy dies in river
Country Of Origin Labeling
The meatpacking industry has failed to block a federal law requiring food labels that tell consumers whether their meat came from the United States.
It has been a long 12-year roller coaster ride to get Country of Origin Labeling for meat enacted and actually implemented. After our COOL law was challenged by Canada and Mexico in the World Trade Organization, the Obama Administration countered with an even stronger labeling requirement – …
The federal government wants to give consumers more information about where their meat comes from, but the U.S. meat industry is crying bull.
CASPER, Wyo. — The U.S. Department of Agriculture will increase the amount of information consumers see on packages of meat.
The World Trade Organization is crying foul over U.S. efforts to identify where America’s food comes from, but Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., and others are asking the federal government to stand its ground.