- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Man didn't think gun was loaded when he shot 3-year-old boy
- 3 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
- 4 Dillon worker returns from Ebola hot spot: “Death on this scale is something I’ve never experienced”
- 5 From the editor: Going from tragedy to strength
Country Of Origin Labeling
Just more than 100 years ago, our family farm was homesteaded by Laura Etta Smalley Bangs, my husband Jeff’s great-grandmother. It’s hard to imagine setting up a homestead out on the rugged northern plains of Montana. The constant fight with the elements and the distance from town made it a …
The meatpacking industry has failed to block a federal law requiring food labels that tell consumers whether their meat came from the United States.
It has been a long 12-year roller coaster ride to get Country of Origin Labeling for meat enacted and actually implemented. After our COOL law was challenged by Canada and Mexico in the World Trade Organization, the Obama Administration countered with an even stronger labeling requirement – …
The federal government wants to give consumers more information about where their meat comes from, but the U.S. meat industry is crying bull.
CASPER, Wyo. — The U.S. Department of Agriculture will increase the amount of information consumers see on packages of meat.
The World Trade Organization is crying foul over U.S. efforts to identify where America’s food comes from, but Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., and others are asking the federal government to stand its ground.