- 1 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 2 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 3 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 4 Release of police dog sends car theft suspect to the ground
- 5 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
President Obama seriously rattled at least one cage with his recent reference to Russia as a “regional power.”
BRUSSELS — President Obama has spoken once again during the Ukraine crisis about being on the right "side of history." It's one of his signature lines, but he should stop: The phrase implies there's an inevitability to the advance of progress and justice. Would that it were so.
WASHINGTON — Napoleon is said to have cautioned during an 1805 battle: "When the enemy is making a false movement, we must take good care not to interrupt him." The citation is also sometimes rendered as "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Whatever the precise wording, …