- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Daines ignores aggressive attacks from Curtis in first debate
- 3 ZooMontana investigating report of child bitten by wolf; animals quarantined
- 4 Former Montana governor featured in Playboy Magazine
- 5 Harsh winter ahead?: Depends if you believe Weather Service or Farmer's Almanac
David Scott Smith
Sam Rankin has ended his bid for the Senate. Running as an Independent, he needed to collect nearly 18,000 voter signatures to put his name on the November ballot and fell short.
It is not the lack of viable alternatives to our existing two party political system that has created national gridlock and widespread distrust of government. It is the way we allow our representatives to campaign and win. Flush with money from special interest PACS, lobbyists and altogether…
Did this week's 47 percent debate confuse you? Good! Confused people are at least trying to think and find equitable solutions, and not simply gobbling up the sophistry of paid pundits and super PACs.
A few weeks ago, senators of both parties joined forces so the oil and gas industry could keep its $24 billion in taxpayer subsidies. Those same senators received nearly $24 million in campaign donations from the oil and gas industry.