- 1 Hunters find body in SUV that had been there for about a month
- 2 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 3 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
- 4 Man didn't think gun was loaded when he shot 3-year-old boy
- 5 Dillon worker returns from Ebola hot spot: “Death on this scale is something I’ve never experienced”
David Scott Smith
Sam Rankin has ended his bid for the Senate. Running as an Independent, he needed to collect nearly 18,000 voter signatures to put his name on the November ballot and fell short.
It is not the lack of viable alternatives to our existing two party political system that has created national gridlock and widespread distrust of government. It is the way we allow our representatives to campaign and win. Flush with money from special interest PACS, lobbyists and altogether…
Did this week's 47 percent debate confuse you? Good! Confused people are at least trying to think and find equitable solutions, and not simply gobbling up the sophistry of paid pundits and super PACs.
A few weeks ago, senators of both parties joined forces so the oil and gas industry could keep its $24 billion in taxpayer subsidies. Those same senators received nearly $24 million in campaign donations from the oil and gas industry.