- 1 Tribal injunction leaves hundreds of people without water near Lodge Grass
- 2 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 3 Man brags on Facebook about running over wolves with a van; officials investigate
- 4 Man tries to kidnap Montana girl, flees after her dog barks
- 5 Off the Leaf 19 offers old favorites and new creations in Esther's space
Ennis School District
BUTTE — An audit of the Ennis School District’s finances over the past eight years found more than $7 million in misspent funds on a new grade school, housing for teachers and some salaries.
Montana Attorney General Steve Bullock has determined that the Ennis School District improperly used nonvoted adult education and transportation funds to build a $9 million school.
HELENA — Madison County officials are asking the attorney general's office to investigate whether the embattled Ennis School District violated state law when it used nonbuilding tax revenue to construct a new school.
State officials are reviewing the financial records of the Ennis school district after several complaints that its board purposely accumulated adult education money to pay a big chunk of a new $9 million building.