- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 3 Mother of teen charged with rape facing child sex abuse charges
- 4 Man, woman charged in assault that sent alleged victim to hospital
- 5 Fires continue to burn near Billings
First Amendment To The United States Constitution
WASHINGTON — Two 5-4 decisions last week on the final decision day of the Supreme Court’s term dealt with issues that illustrate the legal consequences of political tactics by today’s progressives. One case demonstrated how progressivism’s achievement, the regulatory state, manufactures soci…
God Bless America.
The U.S. Supreme Court decisions in both McCutcheon and Citizens United placed great faith in “robust” federal campaign-finance disclosure as an antidote to the corrupting influences of political donations and expenditures.
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court must feel as though it is plowing an ocean as it repeatedly reminds Congress that the anodyne label “campaign finance reform” can encompass a multitude of sins. Come Tuesday, the court will have another occasion to consider that not all regulations of the indis…