- 1 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
- 2 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 3 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
After months of controversy surrounding its police department, the West Yellowstone town council fired its longtime police chief during a special meeting Monday night.
A state investigation into the West Yellowstone police chief has resulted in a recommendation of criminal prosecution.
Gallatin County Sheriff Brian Gootkin said his department will be evaluating the West Yellowstone Police Department’s training and investigations programs after months of concerns about operations within the small department.
Concerns over public safety and training issues with the West Yellowstone Police Department have drawn the scrutiny of Gallatin County Sheriff Brian Gootkin and prompted the National Park Service to suspend its mutual aid agreement with the department.