- 1 Man didn't think gun was loaded when he shot 3-year-old boy
- 2 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 3 Dillon worker returns from Ebola hot spot: “Death on this scale is something I’ve never experienced”
- 4 From the editor: Going from tragedy to strength
- 5 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
In the month of August, the U.S. House was in session for three days before members and their Senate colleagues left the Capitol for five weeks of vacation. Here’s the rest of the year’s congressional work schedule:
An opposition-controlled Congress was giving the president fits. His job approval had dropped into the 30s. His re-election prospects looked increasingly dubious.