- 1 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 2 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 3 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 4 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 5 Father: 'Nothing could prepare you to lose part of your soul'
In the month of August, the U.S. House was in session for three days before members and their Senate colleagues left the Capitol for five weeks of vacation. Here’s the rest of the year’s congressional work schedule:
An opposition-controlled Congress was giving the president fits. His job approval had dropped into the 30s. His re-election prospects looked increasingly dubious.