- 1 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
- 2 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 3 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
In the month of August, the U.S. House was in session for three days before members and their Senate colleagues left the Capitol for five weeks of vacation. Here’s the rest of the year’s congressional work schedule:
An opposition-controlled Congress was giving the president fits. His job approval had dropped into the 30s. His re-election prospects looked increasingly dubious.