- 1 Pipeline breach spills oil into Yellowstone River
- 2 Montana man gets 200 years in prison for impregnating 11-year-old
- 3 Crews to clean up oil spilled into Yellowstone River from Montana pipeline
- 4 Morrison family dealing with aftermath of April '14 fatal shooting
- 5 Breach in pipeline found; cancer-causing agent detected in water
Health Insurance Cooperative
HELENA – Deep within the “fiscal cliff” deal approved by Congress this week was a cut few people expected or knew of: Axing federal funds for new, nonprofit health insurance cooperatives.
HELENA — A budget deal cut by Congress this weekend preserved most of the funding for start-up loans to health insurance cooperatives, including one proposed in Montana — but not before Republicans, including U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg, sought to eliminate the money.
HELENA — Organizers of a new health insurance co-op that would offer coverage to Montana individuals and businesses have applied for a start-up loan from the federal government, a step they hope will enable them to start forming the business next year.
Top headlines delivered to your inbox daily.