- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
- 3 Man didn't think gun was loaded when he shot 3-year-old boy
- 4 Dillon worker returns from Ebola hot spot: “Death on this scale is something I’ve never experienced”
- 5 From the editor: Going from tragedy to strength
GRANITE BUTTE — The pine cone in Amanda Milburn’s hand is odd. It almost looks lacquered, with a dark purple-red color and thick scales that are tightly bound to one another. The “umbo” — that’s what you call the little tips on the scales — is a light brown. Overall, the cone is about the si…
HELENA — The most startling visible change to our landscape in the past decade is the rapid death of the pines. Lodgepoles and ponderosas alike have been destroyed in a seemingly inexorable onslaught by a tiny bug called the bark beetle.