- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Mother of teen charged with rape facing child sex abuse charges
- 3 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 4 Man, woman charged in assault that sent alleged victim to hospital
- 5 Fires continue to burn near Billings
House Budget Committee
HELENA — U.S. Rep. Steve Daines, R-Mont., joined fellow House Republicans Thursday to pass a largely symbolic federal spending plan, which promises to balance the budget in 10 years by cutting $5 trillion in spending.
The U.S. Armed Forces are in quite a battle these days. They’re caught between a president determined to make substantial cuts in defense investments and a Congress increasingly intolerant with wasteful spending.
American farm subsidies are promoting bad business practices and costing taxpayers plenty, economists calling for budget reform said earlier this week.