- 1 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 2 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 3 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Teenagers taken to hospital after being ejected from vehicle during rollover
House Budget Committee
HELENA — U.S. Rep. Steve Daines, R-Mont., joined fellow House Republicans Thursday to pass a largely symbolic federal spending plan, which promises to balance the budget in 10 years by cutting $5 trillion in spending.
The U.S. Armed Forces are in quite a battle these days. They’re caught between a president determined to make substantial cuts in defense investments and a Congress increasingly intolerant with wasteful spending.
American farm subsidies are promoting bad business practices and costing taxpayers plenty, economists calling for budget reform said earlier this week.