- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Daines ignores aggressive attacks from Curtis in first debate
- 3 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
- 4 ZooMontana investigating report of child bitten by wolf; animals quarantined
- 5 Former Montana governor featured in Playboy Magazine
Big Horn County Commission Chairman Chad Fenner has been floating an informal proposal to have the county buy the long-vacant detention facility in Hardin for $7 million.
After nearly five years of failed attempts to fill a 464-bed jail, board members of Hardin's Two Rivers Authority unanimously approved a resolution Tuesday evening to transfer the facility's title to the bondholders who financed the project.
Hardin officials said Friday they are considering relinquishing control of a $27 million jail that was built with the promise of spurring economic development but instead became a source of frustration and embarrassment for the southeastern Montana city.