- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Mother of teen charged with rape facing child sex abuse charges
- 3 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 4 Man, woman charged in assault that sent alleged victim to hospital
- 5 Fires continue to burn near Billings
MISSOULA — Rita Johnson tends a garden, and even though deer can be pests on greenery, Johnson doesn’t want to see the animals violently killed.
MISSOULA -- The future of the 95-year-old Foresters' Ball rests on the ability of University of Montana forestry students to outline changes that will make the traditionally raucous party more of an educational and family-friendly event, the university's president says.
MISSOULA — It’s hard to imagine doing away with a 95-year-old tradition, but that’s what some University of Montana students fear may happen to the popular chainsaw-slinging, jitterbug-swinging event known as the Foresters’ Ball.
GREENOUGH — About a year ago, when the mountain pine beetle began to threaten the Lubrecht Experimental Forest, friends of the research station were called to action.
Although University of Montana provost Royce Engstrom officially takes over as UM’s 17th president on Oct. 15, he called a meeting Tuesday to announce a series of campus changes.