- 1 Student fighting Skyview yoga pants policy
- 2 10-year-old in critical condition after a car fell on him
- 3 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 4 State game warden detained for 5 ½ hours by tribal officials outside Hays
- 5 Crow post office busy as Cobell settlement checks arrive
HELENA — An adverse Army 2010 report on U.S. Senate candidate John Walsh’s actions while head of the Montana National Guard blocked his promotion to the rank of general, he confirmed Saturday — a rank all other Montana National Guard heads have achieved the past 25 years.
MISSOULA — Most state Disaster and Emergency Services workers believe employee satisfaction isn’t a high priority for their bosses and nearly half of them say good job performance isn’t recognized, according to a new state survey of the workplace climate within the Department of Military Affairs.
HELENA — Paul Grimstad, the chief of staff for the embattled Montana Disaster and Emergency Services, submitted his resignation Monday, an agency spokesman said.
HELENA — The Montana National Guard brigadier general who ordered an investigation into the state's Disaster and Emergency Services was fired last year after he rehired a woman who was suing the state over her dismissal from the troubled agency.
HELENA — Gov. Brian Schweitzer on Wednesday appointed Brig. Gen. Matthew T. Quinn as Montana's new adjutant general and the head the state Department of Military Affairs.