- 1 Tribal injunction leaves hundreds of people without water near Lodge Grass
- 2 Have You Heard: Beef O'Brady's seeking new franchise owner; Starbucks open on Grand
- 3 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 4 Man, 21, charged with attempted sexual assault on girl, 7
- 5 Scoreboard: Prep football
MISSOULA — The grizzly bear answers to a lot of names.
COEUR D'ALENE — Researchers are planning to collect grizzly bear fur samples snagged on barbed wire as part of a three-year study in northern Idaho and northwestern Montana.
HELENA — Gayle Joslin is deep in the Elkhorn Mountains above Basin along the Continental Divide, carefully using a hemostat to remove strands of grizzly bear hair from one of four lengths of barbed wire set up in a zigzag pattern on an old, dead tree.