- 1 More than 800 roadkill salvage permits issued in first year
- 2 Woman ‘sick of getting beat up’ gets ‘pimp’ arrested
- 3 Some deputy court clerks granted exemption from issuing same-sex marriage licenses
- 4 Gay couples get marriage licenses: "We couldn't sleep last night, we were so excited"
- 5 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
MISSOULA — The grizzly bear answers to a lot of names.
COEUR D'ALENE — Researchers are planning to collect grizzly bear fur samples snagged on barbed wire as part of a three-year study in northern Idaho and northwestern Montana.
HELENA — Gayle Joslin is deep in the Elkhorn Mountains above Basin along the Continental Divide, carefully using a hemostat to remove strands of grizzly bear hair from one of four lengths of barbed wire set up in a zigzag pattern on an old, dead tree.