- 1 Ekalaka: A home where dinosaurs roamed, and the coffee game they do play
- 2 Delta flight bound for Paris makes emergency stop in Billings
- 3 Prosecutors: Man who raped 23-month-old also molested 6-year-old
- 4 Woman dies in crash near Pryor on Sunday
- 5 Commission weighs warning letter to clerk of court over gay marriage licenses
BURLINGTON, N.C. — The clergy gathered in the second-floor conference room at the First Baptist Church here were pondering whether this midterm election might be different from other midterm elections.
CHICAGO — The Democrats' biggest strategic challenge in maintaining control of the U.S. Senate involves motivating the party's base while simultaneously attracting swing and even Republican voters in contests being waged in conservative states.
Sen. Jon Tester is ramping up his fight to expand public land access.
Federal lawmakers pulled a food safety bill off their menu Thursday, but not before signing off on a compromise amendment to protect small producers.