- 1 Missing Edgar man found dead on Saturday
- 2 Bakken wives worry over job losses
- 3 Living next door to secretive FLDS compound: Noise, fending, guard tower and water woes
- 4 Thieves have change of heart, return trailer, camping gear stolen from Boy Scouts
- 5 From tragedy to recovery: A Billings man's journey home
Legislative Audit Committee
Every school bus driver in Montana must now undergo a criminal background check before getting behind the wheel.
HELENA — A legislative committee endorsed a staff recommendation Thursday for lawmakers to change the law to require the state Board of Investments to have a greater collective knowledge of institutional investments.
HELENA — There are at least 64 Montana school bus drivers with criminal records, including two with drunken-driving convictions within the last three years, legislative auditors said Thursday.
MISSOULA — A lack of accounting experience and human error resulted in the misclassification of nearly $7 million in expenditures made by the state’s Disaster and Emergency Services, according to a report released this month by a legislative audit committee.
HELENA — The state transportation director told a legislative committee Thursday that he, too, is disturbed by an audit showing that the agency hired some unqualified employees and is taking steps to fix the problem.