- 1 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 2 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
- 3 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
BUTTE — The assignment was — and still is — enormous.
BUTTE — The former human resources director for Butte-Silver Bow County has filed a lawsuit against the county arguing her firing was discussed during a closed council meeting in violation of her due process rights.
BUTTE — Butte-Silver Bow could follow Missoula and Helena by enacting an ordinance barring discrimination in housing, jobs and many public accommodations based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
After an audit uncovered several discrepancies, the county-run chemical dependency center — which has created a $1 million deficit since 2005 — must pay back more than $40,000 in overpayments from the state.
BUTTE — Money for restoration projects in Butte will finally begin to flow this year from a 2008 settlement with Atlantic Richfield Co. that allocated $28.1 million plus interest to restore polluted ground and surface water resources.