- 1 Fruit sold at Costco, Sam's Club recalled after listeria found at packing company
- 2 Miles City man dies in rollover near Worden
- 3 Massive industrial fire shuts down state highway, causes flight cancelations
- 4 Man admits tying nooses on son's, ex-wife's necks, pulling them behind SUV
- 5 45 cows killed by single lightning strike near Darby
BUTTE — The assignment was — and still is — enormous.
BUTTE — The former human resources director for Butte-Silver Bow County has filed a lawsuit against the county arguing her firing was discussed during a closed council meeting in violation of her due process rights.
BUTTE — Butte-Silver Bow could follow Missoula and Helena by enacting an ordinance barring discrimination in housing, jobs and many public accommodations based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
After an audit uncovered several discrepancies, the county-run chemical dependency center — which has created a $1 million deficit since 2005 — must pay back more than $40,000 in overpayments from the state.
BUTTE — Money for restoration projects in Butte will finally begin to flow this year from a 2008 settlement with Atlantic Richfield Co. that allocated $28.1 million plus interest to restore polluted ground and surface water resources.