- 1 NBC's Dateline to feature Billings teen who survived plane crash
- 2 Roosevelt County sheriff found sleeping on sidewalk, suspected to be intoxicated
- 3 Yellowstone concession worker found dead
- 4 UM student goes missing on way to Missoula
- 5 Casper threatened with whitewater lawsuit after boy dies in river
MISSOULA — Montana’s top military commander will head a leadership delegation to Kyrgyzstan next week, reaffirming the state’s commitment to the former Soviet republic.
Montana Adjutant Gen. Matthew Quinn speaks to lawmakers on during the 2013 Legislature.
HELENA — The Montana National Guard brigadier general who ordered an investigation into the state's Disaster and Emergency Services was fired last year after he rehired a woman who was suing the state over her dismissal from the troubled agency.
BUTTE — When Lance Cpl. Thomas Parker joined the Marine Corps, it was because he wanted to be a part of something bigger than himself.
HELENA — Gov. Brian Schweitzer on Wednesday appointed Brig. Gen. Matthew T. Quinn as Montana's new adjutant general and the head the state Department of Military Affairs.
Helena — Brig. Gen. Stanley R. Putnam will retire after more than 41 years of service to the state and nation.