- 1 Rob O'Neill may have killed bin Laden, but didn't take out gangster intruders
- 2 Teen wakes up to find gay slur spray-painted on door
- 3 Ekalaka: A home where dinosaurs roamed, and the coffee game they do play
- 4 Prosecutors: Man who raped 23-month-old also molested 6-year-old
- 5 Delta flight bound for Paris makes emergency stop in Billings
HELENA — Gov. Steve Bullock on Thursday appointed Pat Smith, a Missoula attorney who specializes in Indian and natural resources law, one of Montana’s two representatives on the Northwest Power and Conservation Council.
One of Montana’s largest bank fraud cases ended Monday with a former top officer at a Malta bank being sentenced to nine years and two months in federal prison for embezzling nearly $3.7 million to cover personal debts.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office charged a former Malta bank vice president with embezzlement, credit card fraud and money laundering Thursday in federal court in Great Falls.
The FBI is investigating an employee of Malta's First Security Bank in connection with a long-term embezzlement scheme apparently involving nearly $3.7 million.