- 1 Former West High teacher, coach indicted on 23 counts of exploitation, pornography
- 2 Young girl who fell to death in Yellowstone was 8-year-old from California
- 3 Denning gets 100 years in prison for 2012 slayings of 2 sisters
- 4 Yellowstone County Sheriff’s sergeant on leave pending investigation
- 5 Man charged with endangerment; baby in car had temperature of 108
HELENA — Gov. Steve Bullock on Thursday appointed Pat Smith, a Missoula attorney who specializes in Indian and natural resources law, one of Montana’s two representatives on the Northwest Power and Conservation Council.
One of Montana’s largest bank fraud cases ended Monday with a former top officer at a Malta bank being sentenced to nine years and two months in federal prison for embezzling nearly $3.7 million to cover personal debts.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office charged a former Malta bank vice president with embezzlement, credit card fraud and money laundering Thursday in federal court in Great Falls.
The FBI is investigating an employee of Malta's First Security Bank in connection with a long-term embezzlement scheme apparently involving nearly $3.7 million.