- 1 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 2 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 3 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 4 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 5 Father: 'Nothing could prepare you to lose part of your soul'
Montana Quality Education Coalition
HELENA — Montana public schools will get the $4.6 million increase in state funding they had expected this year, thanks to a settlement filed Wednesday that solved a budgeting and political dilemma.
HELENA — The coalition behind the 2002 lawsuit that challenged Montana’s public school funding system was back in court Friday, asking a judge to order the state to comply with a law requiring inflationary state funding increases for schools.
HELENA — An education group has decided to go to court in an effort to reinstate $8 million in state funds for Montana public schools that it says were erased in a legal-political glitch this spring.
As we near the end of the 2011 Legislature, with 10 days left as of Monday, legislators are going to have to switch into high gear if they are going to adjourn having met the needs of K-12 public education. A key problem at this point is that in addition to several legislators from both part…
HELENA - When foundations invest in nonprofit advocacy and organizing efforts, it can pay off for families and communities, a new study that covers Montana concludes.