- 1 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 2 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 3 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 4 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 5 Release of police dog sends car theft suspect to the ground
Northern Rocky Mountain
What a difference a year makes.
HELENA — Montana on Thursday extended its wolf hunt to Feb. 15 as the number of predators killed so far has fallen far short of the quota of 220 animals.
HAMILTON — Gray wolves in the Northern Rockies maintained a strong gene pool even with a smaller population, a finding that could undermine wildlife advocates’ arguments that the rebounding species remains at risk, a study says.
A judge's ruling to restore federal protections for the Rocky Mountain gray wolf has scuttled settlement talks between the parties involved in the lawsuit that had been scheduled for next week.