- 1 Missing Edgar man found dead on Saturday
- 2 Montana Brewing Co., Hooligan's ordered closed until Friday
- 3 Living next door to secretive FLDS compound: Noise, fending, guard tower and water woes
- 4 Bakken wives worry over job losses
- 5 Thieves have change of heart, return trailer, camping gear stolen from Boy Scouts
Northern Rocky Mountain
What a difference a year makes.
HELENA — Montana on Thursday extended its wolf hunt to Feb. 15 as the number of predators killed so far has fallen far short of the quota of 220 animals.
HAMILTON — Gray wolves in the Northern Rockies maintained a strong gene pool even with a smaller population, a finding that could undermine wildlife advocates’ arguments that the rebounding species remains at risk, a study says.
A judge's ruling to restore federal protections for the Rocky Mountain gray wolf has scuttled settlement talks between the parties involved in the lawsuit that had been scheduled for next week.