- 1 Fruit sold at Costco, Sam's Club recalled after listeria found at packing company
- 2 Miles City man dies in rollover near Worden
- 3 Massive industrial fire shuts down state highway, causes flight cancelations
- 4 Man admits tying nooses on son's, ex-wife's necks, pulling them behind SUV
- 5 45 cows killed by single lightning strike near Darby
WASHINGTON — A retired general chosen to explore flaws in U.S. nuclear forces signed off one year ago on a study describing the nuclear Air Force as "thoroughly professional, disciplined" and performing effectively — an assessment service leaders interpreted as an encouraging thumbs-up.
GREAT FALLS — Several new commanders are on board at Malmstrom Air Force Base where nine commanders were removed and one was allowed to retire after nearly 100 officers were implicated in an exam-cheating ring that may have stretched over two years.