- 1 More than 800 roadkill salvage permits issued in first year
- 2 Woman ‘sick of getting beat up’ gets ‘pimp’ arrested
- 3 Some deputy court clerks granted exemption from issuing same-sex marriage licenses
- 4 Gay couples get marriage licenses: "We couldn't sleep last night, we were so excited"
- 5 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
Oil Shale Industry
DENVER — Federal officials are looking at options for setting royalties for commercial oil shale development, including implementing sliding-scale royalties or giving the interior secretary authority to set a higher rate than a 12.5 percent minimum rate if it's deemed appropriate.
CASPER, Wyo. -- A Wyoming conservation group is one of three organizations opposing a federal Bureau of Land Management decision to open federal lands to oil shale research and development.
DENVER — The federal government’s new plan for oil shale development on public lands would keep activity off thousands of acres of environmentally sensitive areas, with new leases initially being issued strictly for research on how to commercially produce oil from oil shale in Utah, Wyoming …