- 1 With anchor Scheels leaving, Rimrock Mall facing big challenges
- 2 Mother of teen charged with rape facing child sex abuse charges
- 3 Daring to face fear and be authentic through nude bike ride
- 4 Cody police chief meets with Hells Angels
- 5 Billings attorney to be suspended for unethical adoption case, withholding records
Palisades Timber Sale
The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has accepted a $1.7 million bid from RY Timber for the Palisades Timber Sale project in Carbon County.
After closer scrutiny and comments from the public, the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has reduced the size of its proposed Palisades timber sale northwest of Red Lodge by almost 1 million board feet, an estimated loss of $133,000.
The draft environmental assessment has been released for comment on the Palisades timber sale project northwest of Red Lodge.
In the letter from Mr. Dykema (Dec. 24 Gazette) is one statement that is not factual. The letter states: "The project requires the construction of 8 miles of new roads and 11 miles of unrestricted easement through portions of the Custer National Forest currently closed to motorized vehicles."