- 1 Why yoga pants are incredibly dangerous to today's youth
- 2 Daines ignores aggressive attacks from Curtis in first debate
- 3 Man admits making sex video with girl, 16
- 4 ZooMontana investigating report of child bitten by wolf; animals quarantined
- 5 Former Montana governor featured in Playboy Magazine
Palisades Timber Sale
The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has accepted a $1.7 million bid from RY Timber for the Palisades Timber Sale project in Carbon County.
After closer scrutiny and comments from the public, the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has reduced the size of its proposed Palisades timber sale northwest of Red Lodge by almost 1 million board feet, an estimated loss of $133,000.
The draft environmental assessment has been released for comment on the Palisades timber sale project northwest of Red Lodge.
In the letter from Mr. Dykema (Dec. 24 Gazette) is one statement that is not factual. The letter states: "The project requires the construction of 8 miles of new roads and 11 miles of unrestricted easement through portions of the Custer National Forest currently closed to motorized vehicles."