- 1 Tribal injunction leaves hundreds of people without water near Lodge Grass
- 2 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 3 Have You Heard: Beef O'Brady's seeking new franchise owner; Starbucks open on Grand
- 4 Man, 21, charged with attempted sexual assault on girl, 7
- 5 Scoreboard: Prep football
Palisades Timber Sale
The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has accepted a $1.7 million bid from RY Timber for the Palisades Timber Sale project in Carbon County.
After closer scrutiny and comments from the public, the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation has reduced the size of its proposed Palisades timber sale northwest of Red Lodge by almost 1 million board feet, an estimated loss of $133,000.
The draft environmental assessment has been released for comment on the Palisades timber sale project northwest of Red Lodge.
In the letter from Mr. Dykema (Dec. 24 Gazette) is one statement that is not factual. The letter states: "The project requires the construction of 8 miles of new roads and 11 miles of unrestricted easement through portions of the Custer National Forest currently closed to motorized vehicles."