- 1 Study seeks to analyze hunter-bear interactions
- 2 Prosecutors: Man burned girlfriend with cigarette, made kids flush his meth needles
- 3 Bleskin injury further tangles Bobcats' QB situation
- 4 Man charged with putting camera in ex’s shower says he was filming chickens
- 5 Release of police dog sends car theft suspect to the ground
When he got his first computer, Adam Hanel wasn’t content to simply play games or type up his homework. The curious 9-year-old disassembles the machine to see how it worked.
Encryption is usually considered a good thing, a way for businesses to safeguard proprietary and customer information so hackers cannot access it. But now the hackers have turned the tables and are using encryption against businesses, with malware called “ransomware.”