- 1 Tribal injunction leaves hundreds of people without water near Lodge Grass
- 2 Have You Heard: Beef O'Brady's seeking new franchise owner; Starbucks open on Grand
- 3 Priest removes gay couple from volunteer posts in Lewistown Catholic church
- 4 Man, 21, charged with attempted sexual assault on girl, 7
- 5 Scoreboard: Prep football
The West’s wildfire season holds the high risk of again being long, expensive, and dangerous, with an acceleration of alarming trends that include more and bigger fires, and increased dangers and costs associated with the need to defend private homes. Unfortunately, what we have tried so far…
For many years, the sparse population of the interior West, where most wildfires occur, meant that forest fires did not receive the same level of attention as other natural disasters.